You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Eggs’ tag.
Friday Breakfast….A Sigma tradition.
At my office, each Friday someone brings in breakfast for the entire office. We rotate, so you only have to supply breakfast about once a year. This year I took it as a challenge to spend as little money as possible (recession special) but still put together a really nice breakfast for everyone to enjoy!
On the menu:
- Egg casserole with turkey sausage, peppers, onions and potatoes
- Egg casserole with spinach, feta and tomato
- Egg casserole with cheddar cheese
- French Toast (made with Balthazar Bread…of course!)
- Apple & Cinnamon Compote to go on top of the French Toast
- Strawberries / Blueberries
- Greek Yogurt and Granola
- Orange Juice
It’s hard to believe, but by “shopping the sale rack” at the grocery store, I was able to feed 50 hungry employees for only $85! Eggs on sale for 99 cents / dozen…Cantaloupe 2/$3…Apples for 99 cents / lb. – the list goes on! I formulated my menu around what was on sale – and it worked!
As a working woman, I know how hard it is to get up those few extra minutes early to make yourself breakfast. If you’re looking for a healthy option that is also delicious…Try this recipe and enjoy a few extra minutes of beauty sleep! Make it on Sunday, cut yourself a slice each morning, microwave for a minute, and enjoy! I promise it will keep you satisfied until lunch.
This is my favorite version, but feel free to add any veggies, meat or cheese you like to add your own spin to it. That’s the beauty of this, it’s easy to create your own version!
Preheat oven to 375
- 8 organic eggs
- 3 chicken apple sausage links (Aidells is my favorite) – they come fully cooked, but I like to brown them up and then slice them
- 1/2 cup of skim milk
- 1/2 medium green or red bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 medium red onion chopped
- 1 medium new potatoes diced small
- Fresh parsley chopped (about a handful)
- Salt and Pepper
- Sprinkle of Herbs de Provence (about 1/4 tsp)
- Handful of cheddar cheese
Directions: Beat eggs with milk, salt, pepper and herbs de provence. Stir in the remainder of the ingredients. Spray a deep dish pie pan with non-stick cooking spray (like PAM). Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center is firm.