You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Holiday’ category.
Here are some great ways to use up your leftovers….
- Turn your veggies and turkey into a turkey pot pie or turkey and veggie soup
- Use leftover biscuits to make egg sandwich sliders for a yummy breakfast
- Turn mashed potatoes into potato croquets by mixing with chopped parsley and shredded mozzarella, rolling into a ball, dip in breadcrumbs and fry.
- Scoop the inside out of a pecan pie and warm, top with caramelized bananas (saute with brown sugar until brown)
- For a side dish, put candied yams in a food processor and blend to make whipped yams to serve along side chicken or fish
- Use stuffing to stuff a pork tenderloin or chicken breasts to make another dinner
I have found that Bon Appetit has the best Thanksgiving guide around. Check it out here – They have everything from the best turkey recipes to sides and appetizers. Highly recommend this site.
What are all of you making for Thanksgiving? What are your favorites? Feel free to post some winners here!
My favorite is my grandmothers Sausage Stuffing…but sorry, it’s a family secret!