Friday Breakfast….A Sigma tradition.
At my office, each Friday someone brings in breakfast for the entire office. We rotate, so you only have to supply breakfast about once a year. This year I took it as a challenge to spend as little money as possible (recession special) but still put together a really nice breakfast for everyone to enjoy!
On the menu:
- Egg casserole with turkey sausage, peppers, onions and potatoes
- Egg casserole with spinach, feta and tomato
- Egg casserole with cheddar cheese
- French Toast (made with Balthazar Bread…of course!)
- Apple & Cinnamon Compote to go on top of the French Toast
- Strawberries / Blueberries
- Greek Yogurt and Granola
- Orange Juice
It’s hard to believe, but by “shopping the sale rack” at the grocery store, I was able to feed 50 hungry employees for only $85! Eggs on sale for 99 cents / dozen…Cantaloupe 2/$3…Apples for 99 cents / lb. – the list goes on! I formulated my menu around what was on sale – and it worked!